it’s a lazy weather here… rain and rain.. thunderstorm.. so these vadas are perfect for teatime snacks!
To make this :
- soak 1 cup urad daal(split black gram) in water for atleast 4 hrs.
- make a thick paste of the soaked urad daal without adding too much water..
- add salt and keep mixing the batter to create areation.(doing this with hands is best).to check if your batter is done,just drop a small amount of batter in a bowl filled with water,it should float on the water.
- add half cup chopped onions,green chillies,curry leaves,cilantro,black pepper corns,2 tsps rice flour to the batter and mix well.
- put some water on your palm and take a generous amount of the batter and form a circle shape and with index finger make a hole in the center and immediately drop in hot oil.
- deep fry until golden brown.
you can have these with sambar,coconut chutneys.